Thursday, October 9, 2014

Another published Hinsdale Alum!

I just received a wonderful note from Annie Cappetta (HC '14) at the University of Miami.  She is a freshman at college and already a paid columnist at her school newspaper, The Miami Hurricane.

Her first column, about how sharing "faulty facts" undermines the cause of feminists, can be found here:  http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2014/09/28/faulty-facts-undermine-womens-equality/

She is a regular columnist.  Her next column will be about, as she recently told me via email: "Next week’s column is on the decision of the Miami Beach City Council to install body cameras on every police officer, code inspector, and parking official in the city."  See all of her writing for the Miami Hurricane here.  

I am so proud that Annie, who was in my class during her junior year, is so quickly getting noticed with her writing!  I'm looking forward to following this smart young author!

I recently wrote about another recent Central grad who is writing for a national publication here.



No comments:

Post a Comment