Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Award-Winning HC English Students!

I just received this very nice note from Elmhurst College English professor Dr. John Gills.  Dr. Gills carbon-copied me on an email he sent to the Board of Education in praise of four Hinsdale Central English teachers.  Congratulations to Mr. Bhatti, Mrs. Burrell, Mrs. Fehrman, and Mr. Friebel for your dedication to helping students achieve recognized excellence in writing!  I am aware that your names come up continually to me about your impactful mentoring and your high expectations.  I can’t wait to get my copy of Illinois English Bulletin!
(Dr. Gills retired from the Central English Department about a decade ago.)
Dear Members of the Board,
I’m sure you’re aware of these excellent Hinsdale Central English students who were identified as outstanding writers in the current edition of the Illinois English Bulletin from the Illinois Association of Teachers of English, but as a former HT English teacher, I just wanted to join in praising them.
Satyajit Krishnan and Samrita Sawhney – guided by Hasham Bhatti.
Sylvana Caruso, Morgan Fitzgerald, Madison Wagner and Caroline Sudduth – guided by Angelique Burrell.
Kathryn Cua, Paxton Gammie and Alexandra Solovyev – guided by Heather Fehrman.
Steven Chun, Jack McGowan, Srinivas Kaza and Brandon Weller – guided by Jared Friebel.
Congratulations to these fine writers and their superb teachers!
Dr. John Gills
Elmhurst College English Department


No comments:

Post a Comment